To download the full User Guide, click here.
For most of us, home represents security and independence so when asked about their preference for housing, most seniors will respond that they’d like to remain in their homes. Unfortunately, that isn’t always possible so, instead, assisted living facilities become an option for helping people cope with their declining abilities. In this course you will learn the responsibilities involved with becoming a caregiver and how to assist residents with various tasks and activities of daily living.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- -Explain what is meant by “assistance”
- -Identify various ways to help residents maintain proper nutrition and enjoy mealtime
- -Assist residents with their medications
- -Summarize the best practices for encouraging proper sleep patterns
- -Direct the elderly in activities of daily living such as dressing and toileting