To download the full User Guide, click here.
Whether you have prior experience hosting job interviews or you're a new manager hiring your first staff member, you must have the skills and knowledge necessary to conduct a successful interview. Poorly planned and implemented interviews are frustrating and uncomfortable and are certain to leave the applicant with an unfavorable impression of you and your company. But don't worry - this course will teach you how to properly prepare to host a positive and successful interview.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the purpose of an employment interview
- Determine what information you'll need to gather for an interview
- Outline the steps to take when preparing for an interview
- Identify the best candidates for your agency
- Explain how to develop effective interview questions
- Describe how to conduct the interview
- Compare and contrast different types of employment tests and evaluation forms
- Demonstrate how to effectively document an interview
- Summarize laws and regulations as they apply to employment