To download the full User Guide, click here.
People with disabilities are victimized by crime at higher rates than the rest of the population and sexual assault and abuse of people with disabilities often goes unreported. In this training course, you will learn about the prevalence and the effects of sexual abuse on individuals with disabilities. We will discuss the need for education, different safety and prevention techniques, and treatment options available for survivors of sexual abuse.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Differentiate between sexual violence, sexual assault, and sexual abuse
- Discuss the prevalence of sexual abuse and the most likely perpetrators
- Summarize the risk factors
- Review the symptoms and effects
- Outline various treatment options
- Explain prevention techniques