To download the full User Guide, click here.
This module will cover the materials you need to know regarding legal and ethical issues in residential care. We will discuss state laws, policies, and procedures, as well as the ethical and professional standards that apply to residential child and youth care practitioners (RCYCPs). We will also cover practical applications and examples of how these topics may play out in your job.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Summarize the Residents' Bill of Rights
- Discuss the standard for residential child care programs
- Recognize child abuse and neglect
- List the Abuse and Neglect Reporting Requirements
- Define confidentiality in residential care
- Examine ethics in residential care
- Explain permanency planning