NOTE: As per DDS in March 2019, you no longer need a live trainer present in order to complete Phase 1 training.
By completing this nine-course training package, you will meet the Phase 1 Training requirement for direct care staff as outlined by the District of Columbia’s Department on Disability Services. This package includes:
- Adaptive Equipment
- Blueprint for Service Delivery
- Health and Wellness
- Human Rights and Recognizing Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation
- Incident Management
- Introduction to Developmental Disabilities
- Making Friends and Building Relationships
- Quality of Life
- Universal Precautions and Safety Basics
Contents of these courses are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. Couse content enhanced by Training & eTracking Solutions, with attribution of source material to the District of Columbia's Department on Disability Services.